The CCSL Spring 2020 Season has been cancelled and registration is now closed. Statewide large gathering restrictions are still in place in a continuing effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus/COVID-19, and we want to help ensure the health and safety of all of our participants and spectators. The tentative start date for Fall season will be Sunday, August 16th, and we will keep everyone posted as additional information becomes available. In the meantime, please stay healthy by continuing to practice safe social distancing measures along with your soccer skills!
The start of CCSL Spring Season 2020 has been further postponed until Sunday, April 26th. Englewood HS campus is closed until April 20th in a continuing effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus/COVID-19. We will be evaluating options and posting updates as the situation progresses. If there isn’t sufficient improvement in the control/containment of the virus by this updated start date, then there may be further delays, or even a total cancellation of Spring Season. For now, registration remains open…
We are asking everyone in our soccer community, and beyond, to practice the following protocols to help prevent the spread of coronavirus:
1. Stay home and limit public outings to those that are absolutely necessary. If you must go out, steer clear from groups of people and avoid gatherings where there will be close contact with others. Stay at least 6 feet away from others because that is how far respiration, sneeze and cough particles can travel. Social quarantine works.
2. Practice excellent hygiene. Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth. Especially if you have had contact with others, or with common surfaces/objects that others have touched. Clean your surroundings as often as necessary to ensure that you, and others, stay safe.
3. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, call your doctor, wear a mask and self isolate until it has been confirmed, by testing, that you do not have COVID-19. Be sure to cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze. Dispose of any hygienic items such as tissues, napkins, toilet paper, etc. in a sanitary manner to prevent spread.
4. The elderly (60+), people with respiratory problems, and people with suppressed immune systems, are most at risk for serious complications and death; however, everyone in every age group can catch and spread this virus. Therefore, everyone should take every precaution possible to slow the spread and protect each other.
5. Be cool and stay calm. Buy only what you need. Don’t hoard. Don’t waste. Share resources and access. Donate time, food, supplies and blood. Support local business when possible and safe to do so. Be the person that you would want to come across if you really needed help.
We hope everyone has had a nice winter off-season! The Spring 2020 season starts on Sunday, March 22nd, and the Captain’s Meeting will be at ViewHouse Centennial on Thursday, February 27th at 6:30pm. We still have vacancies in the league for new teams, so please ask around in your other leagues, and/or post, tweet, insta, snap and whatever, to help try to find some new competitors to join us!
Congratulations to Hit or Miss for winning the title of Champion over Brew Crew with a final score of 3 – 0, and to One Good Ball who beat Goal Miners by a score of 2 – 0. Both games were super competitive and hard-fought! Thanks to all for another great season! Have a great winter break and we will see everyone in the Spring of 2020!
HIT OR MISS – A DIVISION CHAMPIONS
BREW CREW – A DIVISION FINALISTS
ONE GOOD BALL – B DIVISION CHAMPIONS
GOAL MINERS – B DIVISION FINALISTS
OFFICIALS – FINAL GAMES