We are asking everyone in our soccer community, and beyond, to practice the following protocols to help prevent the spread of coronavirus:
1. Stay home and limit public outings to those that are absolutely necessary. If you must go out, steer clear from groups of people and avoid gatherings where there will be close contact with others. Stay at least 6 feet away from others because that is how far respiration, sneeze and cough particles can travel. Social quarantine works.
2. Practice excellent hygiene. Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, and avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth. Especially if you have had contact with others, or with common surfaces/objects that others have touched. Clean your surroundings as often as necessary to ensure that you, and others, stay safe.
3. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, call your doctor, wear a mask and self isolate until it has been confirmed, by testing, that you do not have COVID-19. Be sure to cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze. Dispose of any hygienic items such as tissues, napkins, toilet paper, etc. in a sanitary manner to prevent spread.
4. The elderly (60+), people with respiratory problems, and people with suppressed immune systems, are most at risk for serious complications and death; however, everyone in every age group can catch and spread this virus. Therefore, everyone should take every precaution possible to slow the spread and protect each other.
5. Be cool and stay calm. Buy only what you need. Don’t hoard. Don’t waste. Share resources and access. Donate time, food, supplies and blood. Support local business when possible and safe to do so. Be the person that you would want to come across if you really needed help.